Sunday, March 26, 2017

VIII - Ultra

Here I am typing up a post at 1:30 AM. How professional. Anyways, yesterday, the day I was meaning to go to Wynwood to start taking pictures for my magazine, was the first day of the music festival Ultra. Both of these locations are in Miami which means there would be a lot of traffic. Therefore I wasn't able to drive down there unless I wanted to wait in traffic for an hour. So I decided to move the photography portion of the project to next weekend.

My final decision on the topic of the magazine will be spring trends. No more debating for me! The other topics mentioned in my previous post will be part of the table of contents.
I also really want to have the magazine be a special edition exclusively for spring, so a lot of pictures will have a spring color scheme as well as really focused on flowers (I'll try not to overdo it)

I already started an example of how I want my cover page to be, with a little work being done to the coverline. I used Google Slides to make this to get an idea but it won't be used for the actual project:
Gigi Hadid and Jourdan Dunn obviously are not be my models for the cover page, but this image really exemplifies how I would like to capture mine.
I really like using the font Oswald because I feel like it has a really simple and sophisticated look to it. I took the inspiration from the Bazaar cover pages I showed in my previous post and tried to keep the text as simple as possible yet pleasing.

I saw in majority of the fashion/beauty magazines that the masthead is always in a big, simple font on top of the cover page, which is shown in my template of my page.

I also put my thoughts of table of contents into an image and here it is:
I only showed a little of how I wanted it to look, and after a little work being done and using my own images I feel like I might be able to make it work.

Hopefully next weekend no huge, overpopulated, tourist attracting music festivals will be going on and I am able to go to Miami to start the photography process!

Citations:

LiliGraphie. Beautiful Single Flower Head of Pink Ranunculus, Stock Photo. Digital image. Colourbox. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

Kovalchuk, Igor. Single Flower Gerbera Isolated on the White Background, Stock Photo. Digital image. Colourbox. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

@onlythemodels. Gigi Hadid & Jourdan Dunn • #maybelline100 Event. Digital image. Scoopnest. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment