Saturday, March 18, 2017

V - Brainstorming

Well today in class while doing some intensive research and looking at some more blog examples on a mini iPad (I really miss my laptop) I realized something. I DON'T HAVE A SET PLAN! Mrs. Stoklosa warned us today about not having much time and at first I brushed it off, cause after all I am a high school student and have the almost automatic thought of "of course there's enough time" but I have learned that there really is not, SO let's do some brainstorming:

I'm still pretty set on using the fence with plastic flowers in Wynwood for the background of my cover page and as of right now the title of my magazine is still "Bloom", but honestly I'm not too sure about it anymore because I feel like it might be too similar to Bloomberg (do people shorten Bloomberg to Bloom??) so that also is being thrown into my bubble of thoughts.

I was looking at some blog samples and one blog in particular gave me the idea to interview an upcoming fashion designer. So my initial thought was who?? Who would be willing to take time out of their presumably busy day to talk to a high school student about a school project? Well let's find out. I'm not really sure how to find someone of the sorts but it doesn't hurt to do some research.

I found on TeenVogue, list that names some upcoming fashion designers and one in particular stood out to me, Sandy Liang. What I was originally hoping to do was purchase some articles of clothing from her brand and allow for the person I'm using as my model to wear the clothing, but unfortunetly Sandy Liange's clothing is over $100 and probably won't arrive on time. So that's out of the picture. I'll try to still email Liang sometime tomorrow and ask if I can ask a few questions. I'm a little confused on how to email such a person, but we'll hope for the best!

Citations:

Plummer, Todd. "The 7 Coolest Designers You Need to Know Now." Teen Vogue. TeenVogue.com, 16 Feb. 2016. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.  

"Sandy Liang." SANDY LIANG. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment