Sunday, March 12, 2017

III - Inside Details

I decided today I will be looking at some examples of table of contents and two page spreads to start to prepare myself in the designing of my magazine, just so I have an idea of what I will be working with. Before I start to plan my magazine spread, I really enjoy taking some inspiration from other magazines in order to better prepare myself.

Here are some table of contents I found appealing:



The one from Bazaar is my favorite (obviously) because of the lack of words and descriptions that come from the Vogue and Cosmopolitan.
Bazaar tends to place their table on contents around a closeup image of an object pertaining to fashion, as also seen with this one:
This one although does not show a lack of words and descriptions.


Now for the two page spread here are the ones I found:





The first spread is from Grazia and well to be honest I don't know which magazine the Nicki Minaj spread is from, but I found it here. I was unable to find a two page spread from either of the magazines that I had for table of contents, but I really do enjoy the ones found from the other magazines. The main image really pulls a focus to the article and gives the idea that this article will not be a bore.

I am currently starting the planning process soon (still thinking of a name) although I have been giving lots of thought to my magazine already. I hope everything is going to go as planned (in my head).

No comments:

Post a Comment