Sunday, March 19, 2017

VI - Stumped

So today I was REALLY busy and was unable to put much thought into the planning of my magazine and I'm getting a little worried. I decided I will not be emailing the designer due to the fact that my idea of my model wearing the clothes made by the designer won't work out, therefore my cover image will not have any correlation to my cover story. Also I wasn't too sure on how to email the designer anyways. So now I'm back to thinking about any other possible ideas for a cover story and sadly, I am stumped.

I'm starting to look at writing about the "hottest trends of spring 2017" (cliche, I know) but I feel like I can make this work. I'm taking a look on Elle's website to take a look at the current trends and I feel like this may work. These trends included:


  • Seaside stripes
  • Khaki
  • "50 shades of yellow"
  • Banker stripes
  • Single shoulder cut
  • Flashdance shoulder
  • Sleeve slits
  • White shirt dress
  • Waist-cinchers (why??)
  • Foldover waists
  • Trench coat
  • Boyscout sash
  • Robes (?)
I feel like I will be able to utilize this list of trends and form a very good cover image and two page spread. It's getting REAL now and already plan to start taking the pictures on Friday and putting everything together over this long weekend coming up (with no spring break to follow, sadly). More thought will be put into this throughout the week, and this time I'm getting serious.

Citations:

Ogunnaike, Nikki, and Justine Carreon. "The Top Trends From Spring 2017 New York Fashion Week." ELLE. N.p., 13 Feb. 2017. Web. 19 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment