Friday, March 24, 2017

VII - Topics

After talking with Mrs. Stoklosa, I realized that I was limiting myself to very few options for my two page spread when really I have a whole variety of topics to do. I decided to look a little more at some inspiration and found an article on leaf.tv that lists some ideas about beauty/fashion topics for a magazine. I underlined the ones that interest me the most:

Health:
The topic that's primarily featured in beauty magazines. Health issues usually discuss topics such as:

  • Exercise routines
  • Skin care products
  • Grooming products
  • Health problems 

Makeup:
  • Tips and techniques on how to apply makeup
  • What colors will compliment an outfit
  • New products to help women look their best
  • Input from readers about their favorite products

Seasonal Fashion:
  • Entice readers to buy a particular brand/trend
  • Current season fashions
  • Accessories that made a season comeback
  • How to piece an outfit together for a special occasion
Celebrity Fashion:
  • Special event reviews
  • Celebrity "secrets" on how they maintain their appearances 
I'm narrowing it down to the few that are underlined but still not ruling out the interview. Hopefully this will be figured out really soon.

Citations:

Meave, Anya. "Fashion and Beauty Magazine Topics." LEAFtv. N.p., 12 May 2011. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment